Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Week 7? 8?: The Process of Creating a Part (Part 1)

I honestly don't remember what week it is, and frankly I don't care.

This week's post is going to be a bit long, and will describe how I designed and made a part using Fusion360, the CAD software which I mentioned a few weeks ago.

I needed to make a part that would function as a stopper for the bottom of a model rocket and attach a parachute.
After that, I modified the cylinder's dimensions, specifically the height. Then, I added an extension to one face of the cylinder using the Extrude button. Again, I can create the part first, and then modify the dimensions to make it fit. Then, I modified the chamfer (a slant) to the base, and the hole to the extension. I would include pictures, but Blogger apparently can't handle the file sizes. So here's the final result.




Next time, I will describe how I made it using a manual lathe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment